Friday, June 12, 2009

A really cool place to take your kids






So, for a cool place to bring your kids this summer check out Wild Rumpus in Minneapolis. It's an indie book store designed with kids in mind. Since most of the early part of the week was rainy and cool I decided it would be a great time to take the kiddos to the book store then Punch Pizza for lunch. I knew we were in for good things when I noticed that built into the standard size door was a smaller door for the kids. They were elated as they walked inside their very own door and things just got better from there. It's such a kid-friendly place. In fact, I should probably classify it as grown-up tolerant as it's really a store for kids. The book selection was vast and eclectic and I was drawn into the books even more than my children. There were nooks and crannies and all kinds of wonderful places to sit and read for awhile. There were birds, two very friendly ferrets, two amazingly patient cats, a scared silly chicken (frantically running around the store, I might add), a tarantula (in his cage), a lizard (also in a cage) and a really cool in-floor viewing area for the rat. My kids were truly beside themselves as they discovered books, animals, posters, and an environment that brings out the magic of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment